As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
The P&C is an incorporated, non for profit organisation that is highly involved in the activities of the school.
What does the P&C do?
The objects of the P&C are to:
- Promote the interests of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into co-operation; and
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school and in promoting the recreation and welfare of the school
Key functions of the P&C are operating the canteen and clothing pool, and fundraising for school equipment to ensure classrooms provide the best possible learning environment for our children.
- purchase of two smartboards
- purchase and installation of new fixed playground equipmen
- raising funds to purchase and support the use of class sets of iPads
- organising Father's Day Breakfast
- providing funds for seating around Normanhurst out of school hours (OOSH)
For more information please see the Normanhurst P&C website